Step #1 Locate your OST Files
- Click File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Now, click on the Data Files tab, select any OST file, and click on Open File Location button.
Step #2 Export your OST File as PST
- In MS Outlook, click on the File tab > Open & Export > Import/Export. This will open up the Import and Export Wizard.
- Here, select the Export to a file option and hit Next.
- This will open up Export to a File dialog window, select Outlook Data File (.pst) option and hit Next.
- Now click on the required email account and select the item that you want to export as a PST file and hit Next.
- Now click on the Browse button to save the PST file to the desired location and hit Finish.
Step #3 Import PST to Gmail via. G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GSMMO) tool
G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GSMMO) desktop application lets the user import the PST file to the user’s Gmail account. The process is described below:
- In any browser, search for G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook and download the application.
- Launch the application by searching for it.
- You will be asked to provide the login information, click Continue to proceed.
- This will open up the sign-in page in your default browser.
- Next, you will be asked with a message that GSMMO wants to access your Google account. Scroll down and click on the Allow button.
- If everything goes well, then you should see a confirmation message as shown below:
- This will open up a new dialog window. From the drop-down menu, select From the PST file(s) option and click Next.
- You will be taken to the location where all outlook PST files are saved. In step 1, if you have saved your converted PST file to a different location, then paste that location’s filepath in the Address bar.
- The file is now imported, click Next to proceed.
- Adjust the migration settings as required. Once done, click on Migrate.
- This will initiate the migration process. Depending upon the size of your PST file, the process might take a while. Once done, you will be prompted with a message of successful migration.
- Log-in to your Gmail account and look for the newly imported PST file in the left pane.
Hope this helps you,