Stuck at "Choose a video"

• Does anyone ever get a reply that is not an auto response from the 6 guys in a house in Canada? My videostream worked like a charm for years, and then it didn't (wouldn't let me :Choose a video"). I downloaded the Chrome app and it started working again - for a week. Now I have changed absolutely nothing with my laptop, router, or chromecast and yet I am stuck again at the screen saying "Choose a video" even though I have tried this with three different downloaded movies. I tried the Help contact last night and got the auto response. Then I tried all of their suggestions on that page but it did no good. In trying to tell the "6 guys" this information, I received the same auto response list of suggestions another two times. Quit in utter frustration. Is anyone else having this problem? have an answer? I am far from tech proficient (too damn old) but would appreciate some simple steps to follow. Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Videostream Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.