Microwave disrupts stream
digitz last edited by
Every time I turn on the microwave lately, the once continuous stream gets interrupted, and starts to buffer. I'll try tab casting with the default software to see if this is a hardware issue, but just wondering if anyone else seeing this?
jozxfgar last edited by jozxfgar
It's probably an issue with wireless signal interference.
Microwave ovens and most common wifi transmitters share the same frequency band(2.4 GHz).
Changing to a newer router wouldn't help either as chrome cast, as far as I know, only supports 2.4 GHz.
My suggestions for fixes are:
- Changing what channel your wifi setup is on.
- Moving the microwave oven.
- moving the wifi router.
- buying a more isolated microwave.
- using direct connection from the computer to your router (as the chrome cast is still connected this probably won't help).
- accepting defeat and buy pre-popped popcorn for the next movie night ;-)