Portuguese Subtitles displaying � instead of characters

• Hi,

It seems that videostream has an issue while displaying non-english characters such as ã, í, ê, etc. Instead, it displays � for no reason. The subtitle https://www.dropbox.com/s/7s010xhpdy317b1/Up.2009.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.srt?dl=0 is working on popcorn time and VLC, hence the problem is only on videostream. This is quite annoying, since I'd rather use videostream to watch movies. Nonetheless, I have to say that this is such a great app. Keep up the good work!

Thanks in advance,
    Fabio

• Hi Fabio!
    How are you?

You can change that by simply going to Settings > Subtitles and changing the Subtitle File Encoding to Western Europe (Windows-1252).

Let me know if you need more help!
    Best,
    Nicolas :)

• Fala Fabio!

Também tive esse problema e resolvi indo em Subtitle File Encoding, só que ao invés de Western Europe (Windows-1252) eu selecionei a Latin (não lembro exatamente o nome todo, mas começa com Latin). Espero ter ajudado.

Pedro

Hey Fabio!

I have the same problem and solved it by going to Subtitle File Encoding, but instead of Western Europe (Windows-1252) i choose Latin (don´t remeber the full name, but starts with Latin). I hope this helps.

Pedro.

• I have the problem with Hebrew subtitles, only part of the subtitle is shown.

• I'm having the same problem. Just testing in Western Europe (Windows-1252) and Latin (ISO 8859-1). Already restarted the app several times.
    Any idea? Thanks,

• Thats works when i added a external subtitle. When i watching with subtitles from openSubtitles, the video Stream doesn't recognize the encoding.
    The app is wonderful. Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Videostream Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.