Shortcut to file played

• So, I picked up Videostream yesterday, and I already have a recommendation.

I have quite a few files on my system that I utilize Videostream with, so much so that a playlist was virtually a requirement. The problem is that the files are spread out all over the place, in directory structures based on original language and what-not.

I would LIKE to be able to make shortcuts from the files and put these shortcuts in all the same directory. I don't want to rename the original files, but renaming shortcuts would allow me to put the files in the order I want them played, which I could then load into Videostream with much less hassle. So, is there a way to make Videostream follow a shortcut to the original file?

• Solved!

I had no idea that Windows has the same capability as Unix in creating actual symbolic links, though I shouldn't be surprised that it does, seeing as both Linux and Windows' kernal are written in C.

Long story short -- you create a hard symbolic link, rename that, then load that into Videostream's playlist. Presto.

Looks like your connection to Videostream Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.