How to Undo Reconciliation in QuickBooks Online
How to Undo Bank Reconciliation in Quickbooks Online, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Reconciliation Report for the reconciliation you want to undo and double-click it. To do so, go to the left-hand toolbar and select Reports, then Reconciliation Reports.
- Select the account and statement for which you wish to undo the reconciliation, then click View Report.
- Print the report or duplicate the tab containing the reconciliation report and move it to a new monitor. As you try to undo the reconciliation, you'll be able to easily refer to the report.
- Hover over Accounting on the left-hand toolbar, then pick Chart of Accounts to access the register for the account you're in-reconciling. Click View Register when the Chart of Accounts appears.
- Scroll down until you see the transactions you want to un-reconcile on the Bank Register screen. An R indicates that the transaction was matched or submitted via bank feeds, but it has not yet been reconciled through the reconciliation procedure.
You may also filter the bank register transactions to show only those that have been reconciled:
- Click and drag the R box until it is clear, then save. The next time you try to reconcile, you'll see a pop-up warning that your adjustments can throw you off balance. If you're certain you want to undo reconciliation, select Yes. Rep this procedure for each transaction you want to undo.
- Now, in the upper right corner of the Bank Register screen, click the Reconcile button.
- You'll get a notice that your account isn't ready to reconcile since the amount of the transaction or transactions you un-reconciled is greater than the beginning balance. To review the transactions you un-reconciled in Step 6, click "We can help you repair it." Check to see if these are the transactions you intended to un-reconcile.
- You can now reconcile your account.