Quick methods to resolve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Following are the quickest methods to resolve the QuickBooks desktop unrecoverable error:
Method 1: Stop QuickBooks from opening all windows at start-up
This is the best method with highest accuracy all you have to do is just stop the program from opening all windows at start-up:
• Click on Alt key and double-click QuickBooks application icon.
• When prompt for user password comes release Alt key and type credentials.
• Click on OK.
• When program opens hold Alt key and release couple of seconds after.
NOTE: When program opens, simply click on "Click all windows" from inside the program before exiting.
Method 2: Open a sample file
Try to open sample file if method didn't work, just implement these steps.
• Press the Ctrl button and double-click QB application icon.
• Repeatedly press the Ctrl key until the application displays "No Company Open".
• Choose to "Open a sample file".
• Choose one of the sample files and open it.
NOTE: If application allows you to initiate a restore/update operation, choose "OK". If the sample file opens without any error, the company file that is throwing the error might be corrupted or damaged.
Method 3: Copy the company file to your desktop
Changing the company file location could be also an option. Perform the steps mentioned below to change the location of your QuickBooks file:
• Open the folder in which your company file is located and use the Locate option to find the QBW file.
• Copy and paste the file on Desktop.
• Launch QuickBooks when pressing Ctrl key till the application displays the "No Company Open"
• Click on "Open", browse to the file you copied on Desktop and hit on Open.
NOTE: If this does not work then it means QB Company file is damaged.
Method 4: Use Auto Data Recovery
Revive the company file by using Auto Data Recovery Option.
Method 5: Troubleshoot the QB application
If all above steps fail, then try to troubleshoot QuickBooks application:
• Run Reboot.exe to re-register QuickBooks objects in Windows.
• Repair Microsoft.NET file framework manually which is installed in your system.
• Do a clean re-install for QuickBooks.
• Run the QuickBooks Component Repair Tool to repair all your damaged files and components.
Method 6: Update QuickBooks desktop to latest release
The QuickBooks 2012 R14 service pack allows you to fix all unrecoverable file errors. To update your QuickBooks desktop with this service pack, do the following steps:
• Press the Ctrl key when opening QuickBooks.
• Click on "Help"->Update QuickBooks.
• On the "Update QuickBooks" screen choose "Update Now".
• Choose the New Features
• Click on "Get Updates".
• Once update is complete just exit the application.